Thursday, August 6, 2009

First Day

It is HOT! But it's a new feeling being able to look to the right or left and see deep blue ocean on both sides. We got off the plane and had to wait awhile for the bus/van thing to pick us up. It was the weirdest feeling seeing the plane take off again with everyone else! It's hard to believe I'm going to be here for ten months. It's a lot more crowded by the school than I had expected, and the school buildings are bright purple! I'm still in the moving in process in my upstairs apartment, but I can see the ocean right outside my window and feel the amazing breeze! I met my first student today! Her name is Sunbeam and she seems very sweet. A bunch of us went snorkeling too during high tide...it was a little rough but a lot of fun, plus it was nice to cool off after sweating buckets all day. We took our first big grocery trip too...we're probably gonna get sick these first couple of weeks but oh well! It's an adventure for sure. We have one week until school starts so hopefully I'll feel more prepared by then. Until then I'm just trusting God!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment