Wednesday, February 24, 2010

the Terminator doesn't cry...

Ok this is probably going to sound a lot like my last blog…but not much is going on these days…

I am just wiped out today. I really really can’t complain about my kids in comparison to the 7th graders…or a lot of other classes probably. But today they were really rowdy. And I am just so emotionally drained. I have grading to do but I have no mental energy! I hate yelling at them, but sometimes that is really the ONLY thing that will get their attention. Anyway, despite an occasional bad day (or bad month? lol) it’s still a good time.

Tomorrow was supposed to be a half day, and then no school on Friday (for Nuclear Day), but apparently Lenney JUST found out it is celebrated on Monday instead…so now we’re having school Friday and not Monday and everyone’s lesson plans are all messed up. Oh island culture…you get me every time. For example, we went to the coaches’ meeting for the tournaments, but the guy was drunk so we rescheduled it. Then he was “tired” so they put it off again. Then they had it without us. Haha…whatever!!

Tomorrow we’re having the SA banquet at MIR. Should be fun. It’s on the rarest of occasions that we dress up and try to look half decent…then Friday we’re hiking to Kalalan to camp for the weekend. I’m not much of a camping girl…hopefully I can pack light enough and survive. Haha nah I’ll be fine. It will be nice to have NO Marshallese people watching us live, or students for that matter! Totally free to be. Next weekend we’re going to Arno to camp…so two weeks from now I’m gonna be pretty pooped. Too bad our Spring break is so late! (April 5-9 WHY!??)

We have been taking some hilarious videos of ourselves in the apartment lately. (Well it’s funny to us at least…lol.) Basically just random videos of what we normally do. I have a feeling I will cherish these videos in a few months when we’re all split up and Majuro seems like a faraway dream.

I only have 10.5 more weeks of school left! It seems long but it is really not enough time. I would like to request that anyone reading this please pray for my 22 students. I’m 100% convinced they are the greatest kids in the whole world! Today one asked me if I was going to cry when I leave…hah…silly kid. Of course not.

1 comment:

  1. Make as many video's that you can. You will watch them in 5 months, 8 months, two years and then when you are 80. They will be you greatest link to the days of Majuro. You will giggle and get teary eyed. Trust me. It will be like going home each time.

    ReplyDelete