Thursday, February 4, 2010

So January was here and gone like good food around here...and now it's February. I had heard these months are the roughest, but last month was great I thought! Well this week could definitely change my mind. I thought the fact that my students and I were more comfortable with each other would make things easier...but now it's starting to go the other way. They're still a great class, just way more rambunctious now. Sigh...as long as I get my sleep I can handle it. :)

A lot of stuff has been starting up recently. The SMs run Friday night vespers at the church here, but we wanted to do a little something geared more toward the students. So we have a program called "Impact" that will hopefully draw a few students in. Pathfinders is also going now. I was never a Pathfinder so this is my chance! haha...It's funny I have no clue how to march. I really like having a chance to interact with my students outside of class too. They're so funny I just love them.

A couple days ago we met with coaches from other schools about the upcoming basketball and volleyball tournaments. SDA (girls' volleyball) has won the past few years so I feel pretty confident. We solidified the team, and today we scrimmaged Co-op (school next door) and beat them! It's so fun interacting with the girls and watching them play. They're so good!

Upcoming events: spelling bee against Co-op next Friday. My students are really smart so I can't wait to go watch them! And the end of this month is the SA Valentine's banquet. We've decided (the teachers) to draw names out of a hat and pair up. It should be fun!

A praise to God---we got hundreds and hundreds of new textbooks and hundreds of other new books for the library! Way too many for us to handle so it's definitely a miracle. I know a lot of the teachers didn't even have textbooks for some subjects (especially lower grades) so we're pretty thankful.

I might be starting up violin lessons soon with one of my students. I can hear the squeaks already....ahh! lol But I'm actually excited about it! If only my violin would get here. And who can complain about a little extra spending money...

1 comment: