Friday, September 4, 2009

I miss Southern!!

So last Sabbath I was thinking about Southern starting...it's so weird. It's slightly depressing because I like school and I miss my friends a lot. I don't want them to have fun without me! But that's selfish and I know God needs me here. Saturday night a bunch of us went and got ice cream and then learned this hilarious game called "Bunny Bunny." I laughed till it hurt! I love it when that happens. I could barely breathe. :)

Sunday a group of us took a 30 minute boat ride to a little island. Nobody lives there, but people take day trips. It was so beautiful! The water was so many different shades of blue and there was even a beach! That's one thing I miss. We have the ocean in our backyard but no beach. Just rocks. There was a floating dock with a diving board and slide, so we played all day. There was a crashed plane in the water not too far from the beach so we went snorkeling around it and a couple guys even swam through it!! We had lunch there and napped in some hammocks for awhile. Then we went to this really cool tree that grew over and into the water a little bit and went snorkeling some more. Then we threw a football around on the beach for awhile. I am going to miss intramurals so much! Oh and fun times! I love fun times... I feel like I definitely don't get enough exercise here. I got burned a little bit too. Especially on my head! I had my hair in 2 french braids so my part in the middle got burned...hahahaha

The education direector for Guam-Micronesia came to visit our school. She visited all the classrooms and took pictures. She said she had only been to Pohnpei and Majuro, but if she had to choose she'd come to Majuro!! She really liked how we were right on the ocean. It really is beautiful. I think I take it for granted, or else I just forget because I'm so hot. hahahaha

Thursday was an interesting day. It was going well till about 2:45pm when I had the kids start cleaning up for the end of the day. Two of my boys started hitting each other so I had to take them to the principal's office. Then I finally got everyone settled down for prayer. I have a different student have prayer every day even though they all hate it. It was one of the hitting boy's turn to pray, but of course he didn't want to. I said, "Ok we're going to stay here until Doughton prays." So all the kids started telling him to hurry up and he got mad and cussed out the whole class. Then I had to go straight to gymnastics till 5:30pm....boy was that a long day.

But we did go to get internet last night which was nice. I had a big salad. When we got back it was pouring rain so me and Alise decided to go run around in it because it felt so good after a hot sweaty day. But of course by the time we got outside it had stopped. But the breeze was amazing! So we decided to go sit on the rocks and watch the lightning in the distance. It was so incredible. After that we watched Father of the Bride and stayed up waaay too late. But now it's Friday and we got to sleep in this morning because there's no school so I'm really happy!!

Hopefully this afternoon I'll get a nice chunk of grading out of the way. And hopefully on Sunday we'll get to go do something fun again!


2 comments:

  1. I must say all your talk of beaches and water and swimming is making me envious :) I'm glad you're enjoying Majuro. I can relate to the misbehaving boys. I had a first grader call me the P word in Spanish a week or so ago. . . and they are often swearing and hitting each other. . . it's ridiculous. I also miss Southern. I miss vespers the most. I'm praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever eat food with sand in it? I bet that's a good way to clean your teeth? Do you ever swim in the ocean and then lick the salt off later after the water's evaporated? I bet that's tasty. Do you ever think about writing again? I bet you're busy. But I hope you can soon anyway.

    ReplyDelete