Sunday, September 20, 2009

Demons are real

Torrential tropical rain. Last night. On my bed....

So before I get to my story let me tell you about my week. Overall it went pretty well. Tuesday we went to the gym to practice gymnastics with the kids only to find that they're having basketball competitions or something for a few weeks, so we ended up practicing in the grass behind our house. Wednesday was a pretty rough day at school. I was just really worn out for some reason...but we got wireless that day which was AMAZING! Unfortunately you have to pay $5 for a 50 minute card which goes WAAAYY too fast if you're trying to skype people. So that's only convenient for uploading pics, emailing, etc.

Wednesday nights we always hop in the truck (or van...our 2 school vehicles) and drive out to Rita to Angie's house where we sing songs with the kids and then have a story. It's a lot of fun and this week me and Rob tag-teamed a story about Joseph....yeah I thought it was brilliant to tell about the coat of many colors, but the story of Joseph doesn't really have a good stopping point so we had to finish it. There was only a slight problem when Potiphar's wife came on the scene....luckily she just got angry because Joseph didn't clean the floors well :)

Friday at recess I got to talking to 2 of Tony's 5th grade boys - AJ and Hilario. They started talking about demons and asking me all these questions. Apparently AJ's dad has a demon that has blond hair and wears a white shirt. He's seen it too. Hilario was asking if demons were real and who is Lucifer and how did he fall from heaven. And he also asked if Satan was red with a pitchfork and about the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It was a very intense conversation and I definitely prayed right there that God would give me the right words to say to these young boys. If anyone that reads this would please pray for these 2 right now I would really appreciate it!

Fridays are so nice because they're half days. My class did chapel which is always a little rowdy since it's the last event of the day (and week for that matter), but it was fine. After that I went to MIR for 5 hours and skyped friends and family. I didn't even eat supper I was so excited to talk to people!

Saturday night Alise had to go to the hospital because she was pretty sick, and when she got back we watched A Walk to Remember. Then me and Kara went over to Lenny's to see what everyonew as up to and that's when it started POURING rain. We had our rain jackets on because it had been sprinkling a little and that's when I realized OH CRAP I left the windows open!! So I rushed downstairs, threw open the door, screamed and immediately closed it. It was raining and blowing SO hard. Then I opened the door and ran as fast as I could but the wind and rain were so intense my contacts blew back in my eyes and I couldn't see. The 40 feet to our house completely soaked me. I slammed our windows shut but unfortunately our beds were soaked. Me and Kara went and ran around in the rain because we were already wet and it felt SO good to be cool and not hot and sweaty! We splashed around in puddles. Then we went back, I stripped our beds and blow dried for about an hour. Then I finally went to bed at 2am. That'll teach us to close the windows!! Whew....

This morning we went for our first scuba experience!! We snorkled around for a little bit then we all got to practice wearing the tank and using the regulator. I am SO excited about SCUBA! Ok well I gotta go do lesson plans here pretty soon. Thank goodness we get Friday off. I love these 4 day weeks. Miss you all! <3

3 comments:

  1. Scuba!! That is amazing, I've always wanted to do it...I'll just live vicariously through you just this once I guess :-p I'm glad all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard you scream. Will you update on AJ and Hilario and fam when there is news? You should teach your kids the presidents of the U.S.A in order for extra credit or something. I don't even know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scuba is amazing. It sounds like you're having a great time in Majuro. Keep enjoying it! Thanks for keeping a blog.

    -Ashlee

    ReplyDelete