Friday, December 18, 2009

It has been awhile since I updated, but the end of the year gets crazy! It just blows my mind that Christmas break started 3 wonderful hours ago, and I am now halfway done. I have to pack up soon since my flight to Pohnpei leaves in the morning. I suppose the anticipation of break has made this by far the LONGEST week of the semester, even though we've only had 3 full days of school. Monday we spent all day practicing for the program (read on), and today was just a party day. Thursday I had 4 final tests for my kids - Bible, math, science and English. I haven't graded them yet, but I felt a sense of accomplishment making and giving those to them. Hopefully they passed! lol

I do love the holiday season though. I had a lot of fun shopping for things to send to my family, and to give to my kids as well. We've also put up lights in our apartment and outside on the railing. They give it such a cozy, homey feel! And we have a few small Christmas trees and a wreath. And of course Christmas music playing constantly. We also decided to rearrange the furniture in our kitchen/living area. It's such a nice change! It almost feels like a whole new apartment. After being in the same routine for awhile it's nice to do little things to make it less monotonous.

Well a few weekends ago we decided to have a swing dancing party. Everybody dressed up and we went upstairs in the high school English classroom. It was so fun! I really wish we would do things like that more often. (Rather than sitting around in the av room on our computers.) No one really knew how to swing dance....lol so that made for good entertainment. But it was fun anyway, plus we had some great music going.

Our principal had some meetings in Guam recently, and we got word that there is a Taco Bell there! Obviously we were drooling at even the mention of the place. So we sent him our orders. WOW! Best cold 7-layers I've ever had! And I fried up a cheesy rice and bean burrito the next day.

Last weekend we had our Christmas programs. The high school was sort of a flop because none of them really cared. The stage we created for them was pretty awesome though. I almost got dragged into playing a few fill-in parts, but luckily the girls showed up 45 minutes late to take them back. I was already in costume and everything! Monday night we were able to get the ICC (government building) for the K-6 program. And as Lenney would say, "It was rockin'!" The kids did a FANTASTIC job. Kudos to Kat and Shari especially for pulling it all together. It took a lot of work but it was all worth it in the end. (And endless hours of Dr. Newheart songs stuck in my head.)

Today after our parties we had chapel (like usual) to close the day. Earlier this week the other SM girls decided they wanted to sing "My Grown Up Christmas List" as a special treat for chapel. And they wanted ALL the girls to be involved. I'm not a huge fan of getting up front in the first place, but singing? Definitely opposed! But I agreed since I didn't want to be the annoying one who didn't get involved. Then Char starts dishing out solos to everyone. HAHAHA! I refused. Then I decided I needed to do it for Jesus. So I agreed and very fearfully overcame one of my biggest fears. During the performance the kids were screaming so loud you could hardly hear us anyway! lol But I was really glad I did it.

Well now I gotta pack for my trip in the morning...you know me. I'll probably end up doing most of it in the morning anyway. Happy Holidays everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment