Sunday, October 18, 2009

island life...

October 7 - People say some hilarious stuff around here. We decided to start putting Post-It's with funny quotes on our wall. A couple of the girls also started a warm fuzzy board in the AV room (our staff lounge basically). It's been a big hit actually. People love it. I hope it keeps going.

October 9 - I held my first party for my class. They get graded on how well they behave each day on a scale of 1 to 10. When they reach 200 they get a party. So after lunch we went in the library and watched Monsters vs. Aliens, and all the kids brought the food for the party. The girls made up plates for everyone with pizza, cookies, chips, popcorn, drinks, etc. Afterwards we went outside and I took pictures with the kids. They can be so rambunctious but I love them so much. I hope I can come back and see them graduate from high school!

October 14 - Shari's 21st birthday. We showered, dressed up and went to Tide Table for dinner. I wished that I could wear jeans so bad! Maybe next time I'll wear them under my skirt haha. After dinner we went to the library and watched Surf's Up. The library has AC so I wore jeans in there. It felt so weird...

October 16 - Ben spoke for vespers and did a really good job. In part of his talk he mentioned how God sees us the way we see our students. We don't give them everything they want or make life easy because we don't love them. We do it because we do love them, and yet sometimes they're so hard headed and they don't understand. Afterwards we had another bonfire. (Yeah I know it's hot what are we thinking.) It felt good because there was a strong breeze and we didn't sit too close. Me and Alise made Damien his first ever s'more! The chocolate was sooo expensive but we decided to splurge.

Last night we went to Sylvia's house and she taught us how to make Marshallese plates out of palm branches. It was so neat! I'll try to post some pictures of it soon.

Thank you for your prayers everyone! The island is amazing and I'm loving every second I have here. It's so bloody hot but I don't even care. I'm having the time of my life.

Isaiah 26:3 - "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

No comments:

Post a Comment